What is Chaga?
Chaga is a type of fungus that grows on birch trees and lives off of the tree’s nutrients. Over the course of many years, the chaga consumes and concentrates these nutrients, forming a concentrated cluster of antioxidants, melanins, and superoxide dismutates.
Chaga has been used in Russian, Asian and Eastern European cultures for thousands of years. It is traditionally ground and used to brew a beverage resembling coffee or tea and can be consumed hot or cold. Chaga is quite delicious when sweetened with honey or maple syrup. We like to add milk to our chaga tea which produces a mocha-like flavor!
Chaga is completely natural and there have been no reported negative side-effects in several thousand years of use. It is safe to consume and can improve vitality and well-being due to the high amount of antioxidants and nutrients.
Why Earth Soothers?
Earth Soothers products are carefully handcrafted in small batches right here in Vermont. Our chaga is responsibly foraged in our own woods and ground entirely by our own hands. We use our own products and we proudly stand behind their quality.
How should Earth Soothers ground chaga be prepared?
Prepare it like this:
- Combine 1 ounce of ground chaga with 1 gallon of water in a pot.
- Bring to a light boil, then cover and simmer on low heat for 4 hours.
- Slowly pour evenly into four half-gallon mason jars, taking care to leave the chaga in the pot.
- Add another gallon of water to the pot, cover and simmer on low heat for 1 more hour.
- Slowly fill the 4 half-gallon mason jars, again taking care to leave the chaga in the pot.
- Compost or dispose of the chaga grinds.
- Allow the jars to cool for at least 2 hours before refrigeration to avoid breakage.
- Consume as often as desired, hot or cold.
Tip: Try chaga tea with milk and maple syrup!
We would like to hear from you!
We welcome your feedback and suggestions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and when you want more, our online store is always open. While you’re clicking, please join our mailing list to receive updates and special offers.
Thanks for your support and enjoy your Earth Soothers!